Thursday, December 3, 2009

Lucifer Vol. 9 - Crux



Lucifer Vol. 9 - Crux
By Mike Carey, Peter Gross, & Ryan Kelly

I wanted to sit down and write this post about as much as I want to finish this series at the moment. Which is to say, not at all.

Crux, one of the final arcs of Mike Carey’s acclaimed Lucifer, is hardly an arc at all. It’s an extended setup and little more, putting in place the pieces of the puzzle necessary for the final showdown between the forces of Heaven, the Lilim, and whatever other baddies Carey wants to throw into the mix, but doing little else more.

So yeah, I feel like I don’t have a damn thing to say about it. It ends at pretty much the same place it began. God is gone. Lucifer is gone. The Silver City is under siege. It started there. A few chess pieces were shuffled. It ended there.

That’s about it. Booooo-ring.

I’d honestly like to offer at least some intelligent commentary, but Crux offers very little to comment upon. It left me with no impression, good, bad or indifferent. It was just sort of there. Lifeless. Forgettable. Uninteresting.

:yawn:

An earlier version of this review was originally posted at IMWAN.com.

Read my regular, everything-and-anything (usually on writing and music) blog right over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment